Nevermind the blatant lack of green, Betty has quite the laundry list of jig-inducing ideas, especially for St. Patrick's Day. She suggests her loyal readers spark their meals with Irish green.
How, you ask? Here are her erin go bright ideas:
- Green pineapple rings for salads or broiled with meat.
- Greens in abundance, especially parsley and watercress.
- Guacamole dip for chips or as a spread for bread.
- Green ices and ice creams - such as pistachio, lime and mint.
- Green frostings for cakes and cookies; green cream cheese frosting for a sandwich loaf. For delicate tints, add food coloring with a light hand.
- Shamrock shapes for cookies, biscuits, etc. are easy with a "club" cutter. [think bridge, ladies & gents]
- Green shamrock candies [where in the hell would you find these?] to garnish individual fruit cocktails, butter, frosting, or cookies.