Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meet Jack.


Heirlooms are one thing. Halloween Heirlooms are something else altogether. And when a friend shares something fabulous - and a little bit freaky - with you, it gives you a warm glow. Not unlike a jack-o'-lantern.

This paper mache pumpkin perfection was thoughtfully passed along to me from a dear friend. It belonged to the brother of her dear grandmother. It doesn't matter that it is vintage [fantastically vintage - Halloween is my favorite holiday]. It matters that it was important to someone. And I know who that someone was.

Do your holiday decorations have a story?

3 comments:

  1. He is adorable. I do have many Christmas ornaments that my sister and I made during summer craft projects that my mom oversaw. I believe they came from kits ordered out of the Lee Wards catalog. Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this made a tear come to my eye! My gram would be proud. Love your blog!!! Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous retro pumpkin! Yes, I do have a favorite ornament, a 1940s snowman. His head is a styrofoam ball and he is wearing a big holly leaf as a hat. He lives at my dad's but someday I hope that maybe (as a Christmas present?) he might come and live with us.

    ReplyDelete