Sunday, April 18, 2010

WTF?!? I'll spare you the details...

Ya'll want to know WTF?!? the moldy salad is that took center stage on Friday?

Lez bon temps roule, friends, it's the Mardi Gras Salad Platter from Good Housekeeping's Book of Salads (c)'58! While I will graciously spare you the gory directions, I can't help but share the insane ingredient list [imagine this sweating in the humidity of NOLA at a 4th of July potluck...]:

  • French dressing
  • Mayonnaise
  • Diced, cooked potatoes
  • Hard-cooked eggs
  • Cottage cheese
  • Diced pimento
  • Diced green pepper
  • Minced onion
  • Parsley
  • Salt
  • Crisp greens
  • Radish roses
  • Ripe olives
  • & ready-to-eat smoked beef tongue, or cooked or canned tongue

You're welcome - enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think I just threw up in my mouth! WTF!

    ReplyDelete