Monday, November 2, 2009

Bun in the Oven

Want a dessert that's virtually labor-free?

Try McCall's Easy Cherry Cobbler from their Practically Cookless Cookbook (c)1981, sweetie!
You'd need more ingredients than this just to get pregnant:

2 cans prepared cherry-pie filling
1 pkg [9 1/2oz] refrigerator cinnamon rolls
1 pint vanilla ice cream

[1] Preheat oven to 375F.
[2] Pour cherry-pie filling into an 11-by-7-by-1 1/2-inch baking dish [nice measurements!]
[3] Heat, in oven, until cherries are bubbling - about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
[4] Place cinnamon rolls on cherries; then bake 20 minutes more.
[5] Serve warm, topped with ice cream.

Hmmm...
Take that, Sandra Lee! You did not give birth to semi-homemade cooking. In fact, in my book, you are McCall's bitch. That felt good. Honestly, this dessert is the perfect spawn of carbs: pie filling [I totally licked the spatula] and tube rolls. It gets no better. Well, it does, with ice cream. You just might like Easy Cherry Cobbler more than your firstborn.

Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. This really really really.....I have to add one more...REALLY looks good.

    I so want this. I don't even want a plate. I think I'll just eat the whole pan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sooo yummy!!!! Must, must make this one.

    ReplyDelete