Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jiggy

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Looking to put a little Irish on your menu? Me, too. I'm thinking of incorporating a recipe from this fine Boyle's Famous Corned Beef Recipe Book [a KC staple] into my day:Will I whip up their fine 'last-minute corned beef spaghetti supper,' or 'luncheon salad mold' [oh the horror] or the 'corned beef and corn casserole'? Maybe not. I'm leaning towards this tummy-turner:

Corned Beef Party Strips
Cut cooked Boyle's Famous Corned Beef [or whatever's on hand] into finger length strips about half an inch thick. Dip in batter made of 1 cup prepared pancake mix, 3/4 cup beer and 1/4 tsp salt. [I'm pretty sure they'll come right up and co-mingle with your beer later in the day, but until then, what the hey?!]

To all of you who will belly up to the bar into the wee hours, I offer a toast to raise your green brew - and your party strips - to:

May you have all the happiness
and luck that life can hold—
And at the end of all your rainbows
may you find a pot of gold!

3 comments:

  1. Dip corned beef in pancake batter? And canned corned beef to boot? Retch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancake mix and beer batter. That is just really, really wrong. I'm just glad you spared us the luncheon mold.

    ReplyDelete